The Sheridan Gardens Care Facility, in suburban Cairns, comprises 120 beds arranged over one level. This “state of the art” facility has 90 high care places and 30 low care places. The facility has been specifically designed for “ageing in place” so that residents, including couples, can be accommodated and will not need to move from the facility if their care needs change (please note that room change may be necessary).
The bedrooms are of varying sizes to accommodate residents with different needs, and to offer residents requiring more space the opportunity to be accommodated.
A new wing of 90 new places has been approved for the site by the Commonwealth.
Works are expected to start later in 2012, to be completed by late 2013.
key features include:
- Large single rooms with ensuite and sheltered outdoor verandah for each bedroom with sliding door, security flywire screen and outdoor furniture.
- Split reverse cycle air conditioning is supplied to all of the home.
- Sweep ceiling fans are provided to all bedrooms.
- All electrical and mechanical installations are of a quality to maximize operating efficiency.
- Fixtures, fittings, floor coverings and furnishings are of the highest industry standard.
- Full CCTV security system and interactive Nurse Call.
- All bedrooms have electric hi low beds and quality furnishings.
- Over-bed tracking system for resident lifting system to a large number of bedrooms.
- Extensive external area with shade sails and umbrellas.
- Hair-dressing & activity rooms.
- Dedicated Respite Program.