Woodend Community Aged Care was constructed during 2 stages during 2007/2008, comprising 80 licensed places with Low Care, High Care and Dementia Care.
The facility has 78 single and 1 x twin bedroom each with their own private ensuite bathroom and flexible care arrangements so that couples with different care needs may be accommodated in their own single or twin room. The dedicated dementia wing has specialised accommodation, activity programs and specifically trained staff.
key features include:
- 78 single bedrooms with ensuites, one twin bedroom with private ensuite.
- 30 x Low Care, 30 x High Care Extra Service, 20 x High Care – Dementia
- Commonwealth Government Accredited (3 years from April 2009)
- Registered Nurse (Div 1) plus support staff on duty 24 hours a day.
- Fixtures, fittings, floor coverings and furnishings are of the highest industry standard, electric hi low beds and over-bed tracking system
- In house catering with home style meals served to dining room or bedroom.
- In house laundry service.
- Activities program, including outings in our own Wheelchair equipped bus (shared with Kyneton Community Aged Care).
- Full Nurse Call and CCTV security system, for resident safety
- Bowling green and playground.
- Extensive external areas with shade sails.
- Additional room which can be utilised for hair-dressing, beauty-therapy, podiatry services etc.
- Dedicated respite program of one high care & one low care place