Ballina Community Aged Care opened in July 2012 comprising 120 beds arranged over two levels. 60 high care places and 60 low care places are specifically designed for “ageing in place” so that residents, including couples, can be accommodated and will not need to move from the facility if their care needs change.
The large single bedrooms are of varying sizes to accommodate residents with different needs, and to offer residents requiring more space the opportunity to be accommodated.
key features include:
- Extra Large single rooms with ensuite and sheltered outdoor verandah for each bedroom with sliding door & security flywire screen.
- Split reverse cycle air conditioning is supplied to all of the home.
- Sweep ceiling fans are provided to all bedrooms.
- All electrical and mechanical installations are of a quality to maximize operating efficiency.
- Fixtures, fittings, floor coverings and furnishings are of the highest industry standard.
- Full CCTV security system and interactive Nurse Call.
- All bedrooms have electric hi low beds and quality furnishings.
- Overbed tracking system for resident lifting system to a large number of bedrooms.
- Extensive external area with shade sails and umbrellas.
- Hair-dressing & activity rooms.
- Dedicated Respite Program.
- Facility bus with wheelchair hoist.