The Kyneton Community Aged Care facility opened on February 1 2010, with 60 beds arranged over one level on a thirteen acre site with views towards the Campaspe river system. Further expansion to 90 places occured in November 2011. Approvals are held for the construction and use of the balance of the land for 58 retirement units to be built at a later stage.
We cater for low care, high care, ageing in place and dementia care so that a resident is unlikely to need to move to another facility if their care needs change. The dedicated dementia wing has specialised accommodation, activity programs and specifically trained staff.
Kyneton is located 80 kms north west of Melbourne and 17kms from Woodend.
key features include:
- 88 single bedrooms with ensuites, one twin bedroom with private ensuite.
- 30 x Low Care, 60 x High Care, (includes 15 x High Care – in dedicated dementia wing). 30 High Care places are Extra Service.
- Commonwealth Government Accredited
- Registered Nurse (Div 1) plus support staff on duty 24 hours a day.
- Fixtures, fittings, floor coverings and furnishings are of the highest industry standard, electric hi low beds and over-bed tracking system
- In house catering with home style meals served to dining room or bedroom.
- In house laundry service.
- Activities program, including outings in our own wheelchair equipped bus (shared with Woodend).
- Full Nurse Call and CCTV security system, for resident safety
- Extensive external areas with shade sails.
- Respite Care Program
- Mens Shed
- Chook Shed